Skip to main content

Tag the Wag

I'm kinda running on empty cylinders right now since daughter is being most amiable and I have no decent blog ideas...So for lack of work apparently, I am going to revive the tag that hip prudester foisted on me...
For the blog-innocent: a tag is when someone asks you to write some x number of things about you that nobody else really wants to know (including the tag-ger, but they usually find out after the fact!!)
Okay 9 weird things about me:
1) I love peeling grapes with my teeth before I eat them....yeah gross.. but try it before you scoff, my friend!!!
2) Hate toothpaste tubes squeezed in the middle... people... follow the instructions... it says "best results when you start at bottom and slowly progress to top" sheesh!!!
3) Hugh Laurie, George Clooney,assorted older actor guys ... YUMMY!!!
4) Detest poetry (hah prudester, and sissy and ink.. take that)
5) Love daughter (sometimes! that's the secret part)
6) I am a sloth... if nothing needs to get done, I will postpone doing nothing!
7) I cry for B-grade Hindi movies! So this is a recent development (since D-Poo it's become worse... I cry for ads!!!) ... I am discovering as one ages, one descends into illogical-mother-like behaviour... point being I CRY for Hindi movies (and Tamil and English and Chinese and .. you get it)!!!
8) I hate bananas... I mean really really really really relly really really really really HATE bananas... the smell, the shape (seriously! Phallic symbol?! Sooo cheesy!!) the texture, the dirty spots everywhere eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww... enuf said, people... hope you're enjoying your fruit now!!!....
9) I love sitting at the beach just listening to voices from far away carried across the waves.. they tell me stories...
And so enough said... am definitely coming back to blog-land since Time has voted for me as person of the year I can't afford to let them down!!! Must keep up my end of the bargain I guess :)
Take care all..

Comments

A-Muse said…
Heyy!,
thanks for doing the tag thingy... y'know for all its corny-ness...this does make you know a person a little better. Why, I just discovered that we have at least 3 things in common :)
Anyways, hope the year ahead brings much happiness and success your way.
take care.

Popular posts from this blog

Get off my breast!!

No, it isn't a continuation of the theme that darling Sissy started ... it's just a response to an article I read on CNN... and ad nauseam on every parenting site, health site, news site, TV ... the list goes on. The current objects of my fury are called apparently "lactivists"... an "empowering" term for annoying people who like to shove their superiority as breast-feeding mothers in everyone's face!!! No, I'm all for it... if you can do it go for it... it's functional, free and most sanitary and billions of people have flourished doing the thing... most intelligent cultures (which automatically excludes all white, caucasian cultures) have recognized this for eons and it's just fine. These sensible cultures aso have had the benefit of being poor and recognize that a full belly is the prerequisite and not what an aging hyper protective mother thinks is a baby's birthright!!!! So what evolved was a commonsense approach to feeding a child.....

New Beginnings

So D-Poo has started at another daycare... all supposed pluses... at the university with hopefully like-minded people...very close to me... dubious advantage, I get to do drop-off and pick-up.. but on the other hand it may build closeness...or else I will damage her psyche forever by throwing out her favourite very annoying CD from the car...She's been very happy though and considerably less dirty at the end of the day which leaves me wondering why I didn't move her sooner... The visit to India of course has passed from her mind except for some ladder-climbing incidents and other random recollections of P-Boy cousin. But some effects we still fondly hope are true and long-lasting... like her attempts to insert more Tamil words into her vocabulary (she mostly sounds like a echo whe we speak but I'll take anything)...I fancy that her tolerance of spicy food has increased (false but I'm a deluded mom...gimme a break here...)...She still has no concept of tradition as I wou...

On hiatus and back

Wagging Away It's been a while since I wrote in my blog... since then, Warren Buffett couldn't bear being second-best and in a grand show two billionaires are betting that philanthropy is the next big thing... I love it... Wish there were more billionaires who felt that "dynastic wealth" is a terrible thing and that rich people's kids should have enough money to do anything but not enough to do nothing... beautiful sentiment if ever there was one!!! Billionaires apart...my audience of one (ahem! you know who you are) has put forth a suggestion: a weekly update on charming antics of a baby soon to be human being!!! And of course since he calls her "poo" this series is entitled "The adventures of D- Poo!!" The protagonist will do nothing from morn till night except wreak general havoc, be cute when you're ready to wring her neck and generally be a normal 2-year-old although in my fond moments I have her conducting the London Philharmonic... I...