Skip to main content

Oh, the Guilt!!

So today was one of those days with D-Poo... when I think she's a little tiny monster solely created to drive me up the wall... spitting her non-likeable chicken satay into my food was the last straw (seriously, I'm even vegetarian!!!)...I finally blew my top at her and a spanking would not have been out of place I am convinced... better people than me have been ticked off by less I fancy... and so I let it rip... I pretty much told her off, suggested she was a hooligan for behaving this way, swore to never love her as much I had and decided to glare at her... at which point of course, she dissolved into tears, and screamed and then I patted her and fed her some more...
so what, you ask? where's the story going you say? Well, actually not much farther cos I was truly mad... short on sleep, stuck with the late shift at work... and then I said "sorry kanna, didn't mean to shout at you" sort of the way I always do ...
And she turns around and says: "It's okay, amma. I know you didn't do it deliberately!"
What is one to do but fall in love all over again!!!

Comments

Inkk said…
Back!!! And how!!
Welcome back HumVee, you were truly missed.....was beginning to get worried.

Nice post on Princess D :-)) Hopefully, she is upto new antics again :))

NYC is over, did Greece and Amsterdam after that....will be coming to your side of the world in summer hopefully, plan to do a west coast trip soon....

Popular posts from this blog

Get off my breast!!

No, it isn't a continuation of the theme that darling Sissy started ... it's just a response to an article I read on CNN... and ad nauseam on every parenting site, health site, news site, TV ... the list goes on. The current objects of my fury are called apparently "lactivists"... an "empowering" term for annoying people who like to shove their superiority as breast-feeding mothers in everyone's face!!! No, I'm all for it... if you can do it go for it... it's functional, free and most sanitary and billions of people have flourished doing the thing... most intelligent cultures (which automatically excludes all white, caucasian cultures) have recognized this for eons and it's just fine. These sensible cultures aso have had the benefit of being poor and recognize that a full belly is the prerequisite and not what an aging hyper protective mother thinks is a baby's birthright!!!! So what evolved was a commonsense approach to feeding a child.....

New Beginnings

So D-Poo has started at another daycare... all supposed pluses... at the university with hopefully like-minded people...very close to me... dubious advantage, I get to do drop-off and pick-up.. but on the other hand it may build closeness...or else I will damage her psyche forever by throwing out her favourite very annoying CD from the car...She's been very happy though and considerably less dirty at the end of the day which leaves me wondering why I didn't move her sooner... The visit to India of course has passed from her mind except for some ladder-climbing incidents and other random recollections of P-Boy cousin. But some effects we still fondly hope are true and long-lasting... like her attempts to insert more Tamil words into her vocabulary (she mostly sounds like a echo whe we speak but I'll take anything)...I fancy that her tolerance of spicy food has increased (false but I'm a deluded mom...gimme a break here...)...She still has no concept of tradition as I wou...

On hiatus and back

Wagging Away It's been a while since I wrote in my blog... since then, Warren Buffett couldn't bear being second-best and in a grand show two billionaires are betting that philanthropy is the next big thing... I love it... Wish there were more billionaires who felt that "dynastic wealth" is a terrible thing and that rich people's kids should have enough money to do anything but not enough to do nothing... beautiful sentiment if ever there was one!!! Billionaires apart...my audience of one (ahem! you know who you are) has put forth a suggestion: a weekly update on charming antics of a baby soon to be human being!!! And of course since he calls her "poo" this series is entitled "The adventures of D- Poo!!" The protagonist will do nothing from morn till night except wreak general havoc, be cute when you're ready to wring her neck and generally be a normal 2-year-old although in my fond moments I have her conducting the London Philharmonic... I...