Skip to main content

The blogging innocent

Random Thoughts

A couple of months ago, I decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon and contribute one more useless thought process to the endless barrage of "ideas" and "writers" and "creative" content on the web. Aha! I thought, blogspot. com would be the best way for me to show the world what it's been missing all these days. Then as I filled out the settings form in great anticipation I had a truly original idea: Why don't I make this a free form thought forum and call it (a fit of inspiration seized me here) : Random Thoughts!!! Perfect! I wasn't going to be one of those people who preached about stuff or wrote about their dog or posted random (that word again) photos of/by themselves or even just use it to chat with other people. No! I was going to be unique and say stuff as I thought of it. What better way to write than to not imitate (see my previous blog "lack of imagination"). And so I put pen to paper (or finger to keyboard in this case) and wrote stuff that came to mind feeling so unique. For surely no one else had had the idea before? Right? So to prove my point to myself, I did a google search...
Oh well... turns out that there are at least 6 other people who have the same title for their blog and say .. well... sort of random things!!! So I am not an original after all... and not even in exalted company... Alas, are blogs not a medium for the individual to rise above the rest but to only mingle and be lost in ever larger crowds? Forever condemned to mediocrity and family readership??? Is there not a way to rise above this morass of randomness and be the person you were meant to be? With novel ideas and impeccable execution of aforesaid ideas? Well I believe so!
And so I have decided to rise in indignation and change...the title of this blog!!!! For surely I can think up something better... catchy... perfect .... I have it!!! Random ideas????? Wayward thoughts? This is going to take longer than I thought....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get off my breast!!

No, it isn't a continuation of the theme that darling Sissy started ... it's just a response to an article I read on CNN... and ad nauseam on every parenting site, health site, news site, TV ... the list goes on. The current objects of my fury are called apparently "lactivists"... an "empowering" term for annoying people who like to shove their superiority as breast-feeding mothers in everyone's face!!! No, I'm all for it... if you can do it go for it... it's functional, free and most sanitary and billions of people have flourished doing the thing... most intelligent cultures (which automatically excludes all white, caucasian cultures) have recognized this for eons and it's just fine. These sensible cultures aso have had the benefit of being poor and recognize that a full belly is the prerequisite and not what an aging hyper protective mother thinks is a baby's birthright!!!! So what evolved was a commonsense approach to feeding a child.....

On hiatus and back

Wagging Away It's been a while since I wrote in my blog... since then, Warren Buffett couldn't bear being second-best and in a grand show two billionaires are betting that philanthropy is the next big thing... I love it... Wish there were more billionaires who felt that "dynastic wealth" is a terrible thing and that rich people's kids should have enough money to do anything but not enough to do nothing... beautiful sentiment if ever there was one!!! Billionaires apart...my audience of one (ahem! you know who you are) has put forth a suggestion: a weekly update on charming antics of a baby soon to be human being!!! And of course since he calls her "poo" this series is entitled "The adventures of D- Poo!!" The protagonist will do nothing from morn till night except wreak general havoc, be cute when you're ready to wring her neck and generally be a normal 2-year-old although in my fond moments I have her conducting the London Philharmonic... I...

Feeling for roots

For those who know me, the rant I go off on about being "displaced" is not a new one. I went through a period of putting down roots in this great and free land and somehow these past few years, those tentative spreads to "settling down" seem to have badly failed. So now I am in the "when can I return" phase of the life of an immigrant. Into this equation is a new variable: D-Poo. She's of course an ABCD (American born confused desi for those of my audience who STILL don't know it)who says: "schooal" and "yennai," has never been to a temple and has no concept of eating "kaamam" at all. Has never had dosai/idli for breakfast and wouldn't miss it. But somehow I want her to. I have long held dear the claim to myself and all and sundry that a new land when adopted has to be in all its glory: dating for all and meat in the lunchroom even for Tam-brahms and white boys to marry. I have freely mocked the old fuddy-duddies ...